LONG TERM OVERSEAS COURSES
Applying for Visa to Singapore
- For short term studies of no more than one month, a student visa will not be required. Students will be allowed to stay for up to 30 days. The passport must however be valid for at least 6 months and a return flight has already been booked.
- For long term studies of more than one month, the student must have a student visa. The following documents are needed for visa application:
- The application for Student Pass with 2 sets of Form 16 and Form V36 completely filled in and signed.
- Copy of birth certificate with an English translation certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Copy of Certificate of Education and transcript with an English version issued by the institution.
- Copy of passport
- 2x passport-size photos
- Students applying for a student visa in Thailand, although not required to file a Statement, are requested by the immigration of Singapore to provide an insurance deposit of $1,000 USD or about 24,000 THB which would be refunded within 6-8 weeks after course completion and on returning to Thailand. Students who are enrolling on a language course with an institution that have received the label of Singapore Quality Class are exempted from having to provide a deposit.
- Those who apply for student visa must have sponsorship from a Singaporean who is at least 21 years old, or by a language institute for which there would be extra charges from the institute accordingly.
- The student visa application would be processed at the Division of Immigration. All the student must do is to prepare the documents required and the institute shall obtain the student visa for a fee.
- Students are requested to bring the original documents with you when applying for the student visa at the Immigration Division of Singapore as the offer may also ask to see the original documents for verification.