LONG TERM OVERSEAS COURSES
Secondary School – Application Process
Step 1: Choosing a School (2 weeks or more)
Researching for school information:
- CETA consultants provide school information and recommendations.
- Visit schools in the UK and have CETA help make appointments with each school.
Step 2: AEAS Test (Test results are announced in the next 2 weeks)
Some schools may require the student’s AEAS test results for admission consideration.
Step 3: Application
CETA staff will help applicants during the application process and coordinate with the institution, free of charge.
Step 4: Offer Letter (1 – 2 weeks)
Students will receive an Acceptance Letter from the institution, enclosing full details on school expenses. The letter will include the following details:
- Details of the applicant
- Start year and graduation year
- Payment for the first school year (including tuition fees) and health insurance fees
- Parent’s name while students study in Australia
Step 5: Pay for School Fees
Pay school tuition fees and send proof of payment to CETA.
- CoE, CAAW (1 – 2 weeks): Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) or a letter confirming the student’s status the school issued after payment (and tuition) is made and processed.Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welcome (CAAW) or a document stating the student’s choice of residency identifies who the student will be staying with during their time in the country.
**Note: This is in the case the student does not have any relatives in the country and therefore, must stay with a homestay family or boarding facility.
- Visa Process (1-2 weeks): CETA will be the student’s representative in requesting the student’s Visa online in the case the student is not present.
Step 6 Pre-departure from CETA
Before the date of departure, a CETA official will provide the student with essential information about traveling and living in Australia.
Documents for Application
- Completed application form with the applicant’s photo.
- A transcript documenting the last 2 years in school. English transcript required.
- AEAS test results (if students have this).
- Letter of Recommendation from the school.
- Other related documents or otherwise noted in the application form.
- Registration fee (if provided in the application form).
** Remark: Documents and duration depends on the following:
- Course registration dates.
- Educational institute.